Scimitar Inc. (www.scimitar.com) is a rapidly growing life science focused consulting firm. We combine our experience with a deep understanding of Life Science R&D, Commercial, and Manufacturing to create and deliver solutions built around our clients’ needs that will consistently deliver sustainable value. Whether our C-suite clients are managing a major integration, or new product launch, or implementing major organizational changes, they rely on Scimitar to provide deep expertise and powerful insights. Are you excited to work with global thought leaders in the biopharmaceutical, diagnostic or medical device arenas? Scimitar could be the place for you.
Scimitar Inc. delivers creative solutions on a broad spectrum of major initiatives. We partner with clients to transform their organizations through co-creating carefully designed, unique solutions, with the operational know-how to implement these solutions. Our recommendations are based in rigorous research and analysis underpinned by a combination of deep experience and thought leadership.
Sr. Principals take on an ownership mentality at Scimitar where their work and efforts contribute to growing all aspects of the firm. They take pride in the firm and put the firm’s best interests over their own personal best interests. In addition to providing firm-wide leadership and guidance within Scimitar, Sr. Principals maintain and build client accounts, develop effective new strategies, provide thought leadership and demonstrate industry leadership.
Sr. Principals guide account and project teams and are the most successful members of the firm in terms of business development, exceptional project delivery and firm growth. Sr. Principals are also expected to promote and roll out an array of insights, frameworks and potential approaches, in order to do great work for our clients.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
Growing the Business:
- Utilize client network to secure client engagements to keep yourself busy
- Develop, test and rollout new strategies to grow the business
- Continually push Scimitar forward into new client accounts and service offerings
- Utilize and share client network with other Scimitarians to bring in new opportunities and business, or to expand footprint within existing accounts
- Lead as well as provide support in developing proposals and closing new work
- Develop effective strategies to break into new client accounts
- Manage project teams and assume top-line accountability for client satisfaction for projects
- Demonstrate exemplary senior-level client-facing skills and develop management and leadership skills, with the ability to successfully navigate extremely complex projects
- Continuously exceed client expectations upon project delivery
- Ensure overall account management requirements are complete and maintained throughout the project (e.g. SOW signatures, MSAs executed, POs created, payments received, data entered into account tracking systems, etc.)
- Track project progress and costs against plan and take proactive corrective action if necessary (e.g. project extension, scope adjustment, etc.) directly with the client
- Effectively manages Scimitar cashflow by ensuring time and expenses are submitted on time for projects under management
- Help to define project scope and approach, working closely with Managing Directors, Principals, Engagement Managers and other junior staff to ensure client expectations are realistic at the outset, and that they are exceeded upon completion of the project
- Travel to wherever your skills are most needed; while we make every effort to minimize travel, the hands-on nature of our work may require 50%-80% travel
People Oversight and Development
- Where possible, successfully develop and mentor junior staff within Scimitar to ensure Scimitar standards are delivered to the client by providing informal as well as formal feedback in a timely and constructive manner
- Work with Managing Directors, Principals, Engagement Managers and others to identify appropriate staff to deliver projects
- Manage project staff to ensure conflicts are resolved/ escalated as appropriate
- Ensure junior staff members are working in a rewarding environment, where work-life balance is heavily considered, successes are rewarded, and performance issues are quickly escalated/ managed
Firm Strategy and Infrastructure
- Acts as an owner/ operator of the business in all aspects
- Assume top-level accountability for the success of Scimitar
- Actively contribute and drive Scimitar strategies in growing and continuously improving all aspects of the firm
- Lead specific internal initiatives to improve Scimitar operations as well as grow the business
- Participate in recruiting activities in identifying exceptional staff
- Demonstrate a strong and ever-present drive to promote the success of Scimitar
- Serve as a highly effective strategic leader; working effectively with senior management, and motivating self and others to deliver exceptional results
- Lead accounts (vs. projects) by ensuring each project is meeting or exceeding its initial value proposition
- Provide thought leadership to the clients to push them to continuously improve
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
A deep history of prior management consulting experience in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical arena are required, along with the demonstrated ability to successfully drive business development and leadership activities. MBAs are preferred with bachelors (and often graduate) degrees in engineering and/ or life sciences. We also place a very high value on candidates with some prior industry operating roles, e.g. strong records in the biopharmaceutical industry or extremely rich operating experience.
Candidates also must demonstrate:
- Interest in building a high-growth consulting practice from the early stages, including its culture, goals and values
- A strong leadership presence, with an ability to be seen as a recognized thought leader both within the firm, and with our clients
- An ability to appropriately address and handle challenging people and to manage difficult situations with confidence and consideration of other perspectives
- Leadership and mentorship for other consultants, including high quality written and verbal feedback
- Strength in motivating self and others to always deliver strong results
- Ability to envision analysis required to achieve objectives and gain buy in from the client
- An understanding of the different behaviors and reactions of client employees during times of change
- Ability to build and maintain executive relationships
- Ability to develop long-term retention strategies
- Ability to manage difficult situations with confidence and consideration of other perspectives
- An awareness and fluency in the key business and economic drivers that can influence an organization
- A demonstration of repeatable success in business development and sales
- Candidates must possess US work authorization and fluency in English.
- Scimitar offers a highly competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.